Annual Scholarship Awards
Deadline for Submission Friday, March 10, 2017
(NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to apply for MORE THAN ONE scholarship in order to maximize their chances of success)
- CANTONIS MEDAL FOR EXCELLENCE IN GREEK STUDIES
An award for graduating seniors only ($500.)
Cantonis Application form
- PANHELLENIC SOCIETY OF GREATER OCALA SCHOLARSHIP, $ 500
Scholarship for a Student in Modern Greek
Panhellenic_Ocala Application Form
- ANGELOS LANGADAS $1000. SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship for a Junior (next AY) in Greek Studies or Classics.
Langadas Junior Application Form
- ANGELOS LANGADAS $1000. SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship for a Senior (next AY) in Greek Studies or Classics.
Langadas Senior Application form
- BILIRAKIS PREMED $ 1000 SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship for a Student in the Premed Program
Bilirakis Application Form
- BASIL MICHOPOULOS $500. SCHOLARSHIP
For a student in Ancient or Modern Greek Language Courses
Michopoulos Application Form
- MARIA MAREES MEMORIAL WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP AWARD
An award for undergraduate women’s leadership ($500 each).
Maria Marees Application Form
- GEORGE & LIBERTY PERRY $1000. ANCIENT GREEK LANGUAGE SCHOLARSHIP
For a student pursuing ancient Greek language
Perry Ancient Greek Application Form
- GEORGE & LIBERTY PERRY $1000. MODERN GREEK LANGUAGE SCHOLARSHIP
For student pursuing modern Greek language
Perry Modern Greek Application Form
- GEORGE & LIBERTY PERRY $1000. HELLENIC CIVILIZATION SCHOLARSHIP
For student taking course(s) in Contemporary Greek culture or the Classical World.
Perry Greek Studies Application Form
- GEORGE AND LIBERTY PERRY $ 1000 LATIN AND THE GREEK TRADITION SCHOLARSHIP (for a student of Latin, at any level)
Perry Latin Studies Application Form
- NICHOLAS AND KATIE KONTARIDIS $1000. MODERN GREEK BEGINNERS LANGUAGE SCHOLARSHIP
For student currently enrolled in Modern Greek Beginners 1 or 2
Kontaridis Modern Greek Beginners Application Form
- NICHOLAS AND KATIE KONTARIDIS $1000. GREEK STUDIES SCHOLARSHIP
For a student currently enrolled in a Greek Studies Language or Civilization Course
Kontaridis Modern Greek Studies Application Form
Summer Study in Greece Scholarships
Study abroad programs approved by UFIC and by CGS will be considered.
- ANNA & PETE FELOS $2000. SUMMER STUDY IN GREECE
Felos Application Form
- ANGELO PODES $2000. SCHOLARSHIP FOR SUMMER STUDY IN GREECE
Podes Application Form
- GEORGE & LIBERTY PERRY $2000. FOR SUMMER STUDY IN GREECE
Perry Summer Study Application Form
- ZAHARIS FAMILY $1000. FOR SUMMER STUDY IN GREECE
Zaharis Application Form
Graduate Fellowships (only Classics graduate students are eligible)
- LANGADAS GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP
ONE fellowship ($ 2,500 each) for Classics Graduate Students. (NOTE: Interested applicants for this fellowship should submit directly to the graduate coordinator Dr. Jennifer Rea a 500 word statement that explains what the study of ancient Greece has meant to them and how this scholarship will enhance their research).
Entering Students Awards (offered in the Fall semester only)
For Freshmen taking Modern Greek (one for beginners and one for intermediate), or Greek Studies (any course with a CLA, CLT, or GMA prefix). APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 5
- NICHOLAS CASSAS $1000. SCHOLARSHIP
For a student enrolling in a modern Greek language class
Cassas Entering Application Form
- ANGELO LANGADAS $1000. SCHOLARSHIP
For a student enrolling in a course in Greek Studies
Langadas Entering Application Form
How to apply?
- Print the appropriate application form for each scholarship, fill it, attach the statement and bring it in to the Classics office (125 Dauer Hall), or post it to Tina Williams, Department of Classics, PO Box 117435, Gainesville, FL 32611-7435. Please make sure that entire package reaches Tina by March 10, as the review process will begin shortly after the deadline.